Advanced Clinical Homeopathy ©
Advanced Clinical Homeopathy is the system developed by Dr S K Sharma making it highly reliable, effective and result oriented in treatment of both acute and chronic diseases:
It is characterized by :
- Advanced Clinical Diagnosis
- Modern & Scientific approach
- Specific, Proactive & Result Oriented Treatment Protocol
- Compatible with Conventional Medicine
What is homeopathy
Homeopathy is one of the most effective and popular holistic medicine. This healing system was discovered by Dr Samuel Hahnemann of Germany. For more than 250 years it has successfully treated acute and chronic diseases and helped people all over the world to live in good health. According to WHO it is the second most popular system of medicine and is important for the target of ‘Health For All’. It is benefiting more than 500 million people around the world.
It is being stated as possible future of medicine because of its safe, effective, natural, holistic, versatile, preventive and affordable merits. Contrary to some other systems which suppress symptoms, it stimulates body’s inner healing ability (immune system) to fight disease and brings on natural positive health. Homeopathy has proved its effectiveness in acute and chronic diseases, from common cold to early stages of cancer, in clinics around the world. According to various polls conducted, 75 to about 90 % people from various countries have shown satisfaction with their homeopathic treatment for ailments including arthritis, asthma, hypertension, anxiety, psoriasis IBS, PMS, sleeplessness, migraine etc. Many clinical studies have confirmed that in addition to treatment of sickness, homeopathy improves overall health and can prevent sickness. It works well both as complimentary treatment to conventional medicine and as frontline (primary) treatment.
What are the benefits of homeopathic treatment ?
- Natural - It works on Nature’s Laws of Health and therefore creates harmony of body and mind with nature. It stimulates the natural immunity and internal strength.
- Effective - Its usefulness is proved in medical, surgical, psychological and psychosomatic disorders. It works fast. In acute conditions it gives relief within minutes of administration of medicine. It is versatile and its diverse action has been effectively used in wide range of physical and psychological conditions..
- Safe - It is safe & non toxic with no side effects. There are no adverse effects reported from therapeutic use of homeopathic medicines. It is non addictive and non habit forming. It is suitable even in infants, elderly and pregnancy. It is easy and pleasant to take.
- Preventive It is proactive & preventive. It does not wait till disease occurs and damages the body. It promotes immunity & prevents sickness from developing. It is effective even before sickness become clinically apparent or tested positive by investigations.
- Positive Health - It is positive. It improves the health status thereby giving vigor to live. It rejuvenates the entire system and makes one more relaxed and energetic. It improves and stabilizes the physiological functions of the body like sleep, digestion endocrine secretion etc.
- Complimentary - There is no contradiction with allopathic / conventional medicine. It can be used as frontline treatment as well as complimentary to conventional medicine. It can be integrated well to work in a synergistic manner enhancing the overall effectiveness of treatment, reducing the requirement of medicines, reducing the side effects and giving early relief from sickness.
- Holistic - Homeopathy treats the person as a whole and gives wellbeing at physical and psychological level. It treats the sickness, heals the body and the mind & emotions to give complete and lasting state of health and happiness. It has unmatched ability to treat psychosomatic disorders like stress induced hypertension.
Who can benefit from homeopathy? :
How homeopathy works ?
- Those who are suffering from acute or chronic disease. It treats both physical and psychological diseases.
- Those who are not finding relief in conventional medicine. It works well along with conventional system of medicine by improving overall relief and reducing side effects.
- Those who wish to avoid surgery like in nasal polyp, recurrent tonsillitis, ovarian cyst, uterine fibroids, prostate hypertrophy, kidney / gall stones, piles, warts, fistula in ano, varicose veins, gastric ulcer, vocal nodule, fibroadenoma breast etc.
- Those who wish to improve health status and move towards positive state of health with better immunity and vigor.
- It successfully treats the psychosomatic complaints (sickness with psychological cause). For example stress induced asthma / hypertension.
- Those who wish to prevent occurrence of physical or psychological diseases. If used well during pregnancy & early age, it can prevent / delay many chronic diseases like diabetes, arthritis, asthma, hypertension etc.
Homeopathy treats physical and psychological diseases by stimulating body’s inherent ability to treat itself. Nature has provided a mechanism to heal and keep us healthy. It is evident in day to day life when we see minor ailments and injuries getting better with time. This mechanism always tries to prevent & fight disease (or disorder) and bring health back to normal. But in some conditions it fails to do so. This results in progression of sickness.
Homeopathy works :
To read more about how homeopathy works, click here. (Link to How Homeopathy Works)
- It treats the sickness for example typhoid, dengue, arthritis, hypertension etc. It gives due consideration to clinical diagnosis, investigations and follow up of sickness.
- It treats the sick by improving immunity / natural healing mechanism. This gives better mental and physical health.
Legal and Scientific Basis of Homeopathy
Homeopathy is a scientific healing system which is very well proved in clinical studies. Practice of homeopathy is equivalent to practice of conventional medicine. It is as recognized as allopathy / conventional medicine. It is taught in government recognized medical colleges & hospitals as a university level course. Doctor’s from these medical colleges are licensed to practice homeopathy legally and are registered in government recognized medical council. In USA, Congress passed a law in 1938 declaring that homeopathic remedies are to be regulated by the FDA in the same manner as nonprescription, over-the-counter (OTC) drugs. In United Kingdom it is part of NHS and is recognized by the Act of Parliament. Time and again research has confirmed the beneficial effects of homeopathy in various diseases. To read about some of these research one can visit official websites like :
www.ccrhindia.org or www.trusthomeopathy.org
Scope of Homeopathy
1. First Aid Treatment
Homeopathy treats at three levels.
Level one is the First Aid where it treats cuts, bruises, sprains, burns, food poisoning etc. It is a useful support in every home for minor injuries & ailments. Some commonly used medicines are :
Although homeopathic first aid is easy and safe, one should understand basic homeopathic working before using them. (Contact Us for guidelines on correct homeopathic working.)
- Arnica – For blunt injury and bruises.
- Calendula – For cuts & wounds
- Rhus Tox & Ruta – For sprains & strains
- Ledum – For punctured wounds as by nail.
- Staphysagria – For Sharp cut wounds as by glass or blade.
- Symphytum – For bone injury
- Hypericum – For nerve injury
- Cantharis – For minor burns
- Apis Mel – For insect bite or sting.
2. Treatment for Acute Diseases
Level two is the treatment of acute conditions like common cold and cough, acute fever, acute diarrhea etc. It gives quick relief and also improves immunity to reduce frequent occurrence of such acute diseases.
3. Constitutional Treatment for Chronic Diseases
Level three is the treatment of chronic progressive diseases like hypertension, diabetes, asthma arthritis etc.. Constitution is the complete organization of a human being comprising of psychological and physical system and including body organs and body functions. Mental health and physical health affect each other. Even in physical conditions, disease of one organ / system can affect other parts of the body. Body has a natural healing mechanism which try to correct diseases and disorders by which it is affected. But sometimes it is unable to do so of its own. Constitutional treatment treats disease as well as improves the health status (both physical and psychological) by stimulating this natural healing mechanism. Treatment of chronic conditions (which is constitutional) depends on stage and state of disease. Homeopathy cures the curable conditions. In conditions which are beyond the scope of cure because of much pathological damage, it relieves the suffering and slows down the progress of disease. In such conditions homeopathy is a good long term management therapy without side effects. Good management and the judicious use of therapy & medicines according to the status of sick and sickness will give the best possible relief including cure.
Awareness about health & sickness
How to get best relief with homeopathic treatment?
(Patient’s role in homeopathic management)
It is important for patients to understand and realize that they too have a role in treatment of sickness. This improves the result and helps in early and better relief.
It is useful to for everyone to have basic awareness about health & sickness. Ignoring signals of disease or not taking regular & proper treatment allows sickness to grow and damage health. Similarly suppressing symptoms to get temporary relief will only damage health and give rise to many dangerous diseases.
Awareness about homeopathy
One must know that unlike some other system of treatment, homeopathy stimulates the natural healing mechanism and strengthen internal health. There are no routine medicines to suppress symptoms. For every patient medicine are carefully selected depending on stage & state of sickness.
Information about sickness
Homeopathic diagnosis is holistic. In acute cases it focuses on prominent symptoms of current sickness. In chronic sickness it includes clinical, physical, psychological, social as well as lifestyle assessment. Patient must give all such information in detail. Some questions in homeopathic assessment may sound irrelevant to sickness but they are not. They help in diagnosis of body constitution and in selection of right medicine.
Medicine Taking medicine in right dose & repetition is very important in homeopathy. This should be strictly in accordance with prescription. Remember taking more medicine will not remove your sickness more ‘quickly’. On the contrary it will spoil the medicine action.
Progress of relief & good health
Patient must give right and clear details of progress of relief in follow up consultations. This forms the basis of further medication. One must avoid exaggeration of complaints as well as giving false signal of ‘somewhat’ better. Explain clearly what is better, what is more, if any thing new has come up etc. In some cases there are temporary symptoms like increased discharge (stool, sweating, nasal discharge, expectoration etc) or resurfacing of some older complaints. These are indicators of right treatment and body getting rid of toxins & sickness. Watch for improvement in terms of lesser suffering, better energy levels, better sleep and other body functions.
Precautions about homeopathic treatment
Classical Homeopathy / Mixopathy
The real homeopathy is classical homeopathy. Classical homeopathy refers to homeopathic management strictly according to the principles of homeopathy. Homeopathy is based on the principle of Similar Singular Smallest. Similar refers to selection of medicine on the basis of holistic diagnosis & individualization. Singular refers to use of one medicine for treatment. Smallest refers to treatment of sickness with minimum possible medicine to avoid suppression & aggravation. Sometimes multiple medicines are used in mixture or alternating medicines with frequent repetitions. This is not correct and result in suppression of sickness which later strikes back with more intensity and in more dangerous form.
Homeopathy is very safe. This has resulted in self treatment by many people taking help of books or using same medicine for your sickness which might have helped someone else. This is not a good practice. In addition to failure of treatment, this results in suppression of sickness as well as distortion of clinical presentation of sickness. This also makes the sickness ‘resistant’ to treatment. Always take homeopathic treatment under supervision of a qualified homeopathic doctor.
Misconceptions about homeopathy
- It is slow to act
homeopathy is not slow. It works instantly in acute diseases. In chronic diseases it takes some time to give relief as these medicines are not suppressing symptoms / complaints. They act curatively by stimulating healing mechanism of the body which may take time depending upon type and stage of disease but give lasting relief.
- It is symptomatic
These therapies are not symptomatic but are symptom based. In symptomatic treatment symptoms are suppressed but after some time disease strike back with more intensity or in more dangerous form. This is what homeopathy is totally against. Homeopathy gives utmost consideration to symptoms. It takes into account symptoms as surface manifestation of sickness and cures the disease in a holistic manner.
- Its effects are psychological (like placebo)
The effects produced by these medicines are not psychological. This is proved by the scientific studies. Homeopathic medicines have given good results in diseases with pathological changes as well as their action has been seen on infants, unconscious patients, animals etc which can never be psychological.
- It is good for chronic disease only
These therapies are equally good for acute and chronic conditions. In fact when acute conditions are treated by homeopathy, this decreases the possibility of development of chronic sickness.